9/2/09

A day of rest

After the never ending day that was Monday I (and my body) was ready for a break. Lake Malkemus was the perfect place to catch up on laundry, sore muscles and blog posts. For the those not in the know, Lake Malkemus is located in Cotati, CA, accordion mecca. It is equipped with soft beds, a hot tub, a loving golden retriever, taciturn cats and interesting produce like lemon cucumbers. Whoever thought of combining a lemon and a cucumber?

We took a walk to the downtown area for lunch and a view of the town. I have to admit I was relieved that I wasn't going to have to do any riding today. My shoulders and seat needed the time off for good behavior. Along the way we ran into this fellow, Jim Boggio, who was a driving force for the Cotati Accordion festival that takes place every summer in this park.
I noticed after experiencing such a long day as Monday, a normal day like Tuesday felt as if there was more time to do things. My perception of what is possible in a day has been stretched. I don't know if that will result in accomplishing more at home once I get back but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

The rest of the day was spent lazing around the house, picking up on my posts from Monday, uploading pictures and cataloging the statuary in the backyard. They're quite varied and entertaining.



1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the lemon cucumbers!!

Post a Comment